Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wye Discussion 2017

lets carry on from here

oddy it was an Usk ghillie that pointed out the Bigsweir fish, he was searching the internet for pictures of salmon to remind of what they look like.

Comment

Bigdai commented
      Editing a comment
      Where's the picture then? Which catch record was it? Who, when?

http://www.fishingthread.com/core/im...atar_thumb.png
    Bigdai commented
    Today, 01:34 PM
    Is that what he's written?
    as good as i think, if the quote below is from him.

The irony is that all the hard work by WUF, EA and farmers in England has cut phosphate levels in the Lugg by about 20% and the £1m spend by Dwr Cymru in Hereford will reduce the levels in the main stem by a further 3-7%, this would have been enough to minimise algal problems but the situation has worsened in Wales, thanks in part, to the explosion in free range poultry in Radnorshire....Thanks Hugh!I read recently that the UK now gets 30% of its free range eggs from the Ithon subcatchment alone and water quality is declining as a result.
    if it's not a prediction, it's certainly a potential excuse for the future.
    Last edited by brickbatt; 24-05-17, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Bigdai commented
      Editing a comment
      Or it's just being informative and truthful you idiot! You really do need to get a grip and get out from under Pete and Geoff anti-WUF cushion they spend most of their days farting on.

Maybe Dave will have a recount and realise that the 5 year average up to the end of May is 388 not 368 as quoted and what I said clearly was that the current catch looks like falling well short of last years catch which WUF seemed to like to attribute to all the work that they have done, a simple question would surely be what did they stop doing it?

Or maybe both ups and downs are a natural phenomena and little to do with WUF? Or maybe only the ups are to do with WUF and not the downs?

Comment

stealth_fox commented
      Editing a comment
      As I said I was only carrying on WUF's comparisons, you are missing the point again Dave - WUF said

Catches of Atlantic salmon from the river Wye in 2016 have been the highest recorded for
      twenty years. Anglers reported 1,665 salmon caught this year, 36 per cent higher than 2015 and
      366 per cent better than 2002, the worst year ever for the river when only 357 were landed. The
      steady improvement in catches since 2002 bucks the trend of most other rivers in the UK.

so they never mentioned the conditions in 2015 or 2002, why should I?

Bigdai commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you need to base your life around what WUF do? The WUF data is comparing complete end of season catch data. 2016 and 2015 were climatically two similar years but the main comparison is made with the 5 year average. So...is 2017 mirroring 2016 in terms of flow rates, spates, rainfall, air temperature etc in your opinion? If not your comparison is purely bullshit! You're losing this argument hands down Pete, give up again for goodness sake.

stealth_fox commented
      Editing a comment
      sadly you can't just say 2015 was climatically similar to 2016 and assume its true without any supporting evidence, surely this is an example of the WUF method? I don't base my life on WUF it was you that said you can't just compare one year with another, I just proved that WUF do, only when it suits them of course lol

move over to Wye discussion 2017 now please
    why did you do that???? it might have taken commI days to realise the reason no-one’s posting anything there. it would’ve been a nice break.

On another topic re the Fly Fshing Forum I see the Bradshaw guy still has his hand up SMS arse, Leap to defend each other at every opportunity.and that;'s exactly why some of us got banned from there for asking the wrong questions i.e the ones they didn't want to answer.
    It's now just a neutered puppy dog.
    i thought he might have phoned new kwid and asked him to post something to try and get the thread going . instead he just sounded paranoid.
    Last edited by brickbatt; 24-05-17, 06:13 PM.

Comment

yep even the paranoia is just a ploy

Comment

The river is really showing it's bones now, but mucho rain forcast for next week, starting this Saturday. my big concern is how the pre-thunderstorm atmospherics will affect the pike in Llangorse on Friday.
        Should be a good couple of hours on the kayaks. As a bonus, we may see a salmon up here next week too…..

Comment

The lower air pressure should see increased inactivity due to less dissolved oxygen, conversely more cloud cover may help:-)

Salmon at Builth? You would need a good sustained flood seeing 2 foot on the gauge at Hereford and falling at Redbrook ....

Of course you could always ask the ex WUF ticket salesman - he will have all the details

Comment

see above information from WUF re 2016 catches, its all here

Comment

Some good offers on at Garry Evans at the moment

Comment

year jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sep oct nov dec
                2002 121.5 144.1 62 50.5 98.6 48.1 73 54.9 37.8 169 229.7 169.9
                2015 136.9 78.5 55.8 25.8 84.2 41 88.6 128.3 70.3 59.8 136.5 161.4
                2016 179.9 113.2 109.6 57.9 66.1 103.5 29.1 70.4 96.5 47.6 136.2 48
                rainfall for wales
                Last edited by stealth_fox; 26-05-17, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Pete, stick to comparing with the 5 year average...there's a good boy😂👌

Comment

Dave you are totally wrong again it seems. Your chummies always make you look like an idiot, why is that?

Where did you learn to make statements that had no foundation in the truth?

Comment

Lets say that the spring catch 2017 makes it to 310 that would be 56% of 2016 and only 74% of 2015, a dramatic decline? Of course it could be worse than that

Comment

Let's say you're being dopey again. 2008, 2012 and 2013 all showed steady March April and May figures but still returned over 1,000 fish, which is the recent 5 year average. Like I said, stop being dopey. You jump on any negative short term figures like a pedantic child. I sincerely hope 2017 exceeds the 5 year average just to stick the figures up your rear end. You're a nuisance.

Comment

Working...
                        X