Collapse
No announcement yet.
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite all the hype re catches still no fish from this excellent water. Only a couple from Glanwye and non from Lyn Em or Abernant. A few from the Nyth, a couple from Pwlly-faeeda.
    None from Tyn Newydd or Gromain or Llanstephan or llangoed. How the hell can you call this a river in recovery. It just shows how important the very early springers were is getting fish to the upper river. In spite of this springs fantastic prolonged running water see the result. How the Wye was Won -not around here its not. Without seriouis water soon it will be the back end before we see many fish and then only the grotty ones many of whom will have been caught before.

Comment

But bollinger, there was many comments stating heavy runs were seen and many fish travelling in early spring. according to what is being caught (or not caught)
      on the upper beats the heavy and many seems a bit exagerated.

Comment

True enough. Problem is one mans heavy run is another mans light, depends whose seeing it and more importantly saying it it seems to me. Fact is there are only a few fish above Glasbury -even the Great One has a nil return on his beatso far -whatever next

Comment

Got to agree with all the above, its a big river and a couple of fish running isn't going to populate the upper river even if it sells a couple if tickets, the trouble is publicity like that won't continue to sell tickets.

Comment

I think the majority of fish do not attempt to populate the upper river despite all this habitat nonsense, I have seen a pair of fish that come into
            a pool in the spring on a middle beat and stay there all year despite good spates coming and going.
            The ghillie said to me you will not catch those, they have been there all year and they will spawn in the stream above, he even had names for
            them as though they were pets.He was right, I went back in november and he showed me the reds in the very stream he said they would
            spawn in. So much for the habitat restoration. what restoration.

Comment

Our stretch has been hammered since it became fishable yesterday. As far as I know - no fish have been caught. Had a dabble myself tonight on and above the Aber Pool - not a sniff.

Comment

i missed the AGM at builth a couple of weeks ago, does anyone know if there's been any changes to the fees for this year?

Comment

Nope fees have stayed the same I believe...due by the end of Feb ....

Comment

Working...
                  X