No announcement yet.
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper river 2014

Upper river rising overnight, middle river still high.

I could have wet a line today - actually I could have wet your line (wrapped around your reel). Mental note - must buy a salmon line this year.............

Comment

LOL DB one of these would be good http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acat...-Save-40-.html

a
      lternatively one of these on the end of that inter would be good just now

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/pol...g/40/yes/55754
      Last edited by stealth_fox; 24-02-14, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Fame at last SF - I hope you didn't mind (FFF - Wye 2014 thread. Quick, before it's pulled!).

Comment

no problem see here

Comment

looks like more rain on the way for wednesday night, which won't help the middle and lower river after todays rain, the ticket seller on fff thinks otherwise of course

Comment

good luck to anyone hoping to fish the Wye today, it's too high even at Newbridge.

Comment

As seeker says, cue at least one being reported by WUF

Comment

Colour dropping out fast around Hay/Glasbury. Levels still high (.87 Hay Guage) but might be in with a chance tomorrow if there's no more rain

Comment

Geoff, in my younger and very inexperienced days I sat on a high bank singing to myself spinning a devon, the river was high and
                    running red in february, I hooked into a fish much to my surprise, it had no fight left in it at all I led it down to a place where I could gaff
                    it (yes gaff it) it was like leading a dog on a lead, a 14 lb silver fish was banked, so there is always a chance. Mind you there was
                    plenty in those days.

Comment

Gaff?? Did he say Gaff? I agree actually more of a chance if its too hight than its too low

Comment

the river above the Ithon is dropping and clearing nicely, so don't be surprised if there's a fish from Llysdinam later today or tomorrow.

Comment

river at Newbridge dropping and clearing quickly. steve grimwood was seen heading for Brynwern about 10.00am

Comment

Working...
                          X